Welcome to the Ultimate Lip Junkie Guide! This is a compilation of my tried-n-true recommendations for those with dry, sensitive lips. I did my best to include as many different price points, textures, and colors. All of these products have worked beautifully for me but I will reiterate, not all those with sensitive lips have the same reactions to certain ingredients. I am not allergic to fragrances, but I am extremely sensitive to SPF in lip products. For example, I love my YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks, especially Faubourg Peach and Rose Culte, but I hesitate to wear them unless I can prepare myself for some serious post-wear lip therapy. I featured lip balms, lip glosses, and lipsticks that are moisturizing, creamy, and worth the splurge, so I hope you will find this epic post helpful!
1. Chanel Hydramax + Active Nutrition Lip Balm
*Apparently the whole Hydramax range is being discontinued, so sorry! I will be testing the Sisley Confort and By Terry Rose lip balms this year to see which I prefer to replace this beloved Chanel.
2. La Mer Baume de La Mer Lip Balm
3. Sara Happ Lip Scrub in Pink Grapefruit
4. Hourglass No. 28 Lip Oil Treatment [review & swatches]
5. YSL Volupte Sheer Candy Lip Balms in 2 Papaya and 4 Pomegranate
6. Lancome Baume in Love in Rose in Love
7. Le Metier de Beaute Lip Creme in Sweet Creme
8. Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in Kiss You
9. Chanel Glossimer Lip Glosses in Constellation, Volupte, and Eden
*I also recommend Mica & the new Spring 2014 color Murmure!
10. Laura Mercier Lip Glaces in Bellini and Camellia
*Try the permanent and shimmer-free Bonbon & Pink Tulle colors!
11. NARS Larger Than Life Lip Glosses in Piree and Odalisque
12. BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Glosses in Party Starter and Rebel
13. Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer Lip Glosses in 107, 519, and 520 [review & swatches]
14. Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Glosses in 70 Attirance [best shimmery sandy beige - in stock] and 52 Genie
15. Chanel Le Crayon Levres Lip Liner in Peche
16. Lancome Le Lipstique Lip Liners in Ideal and Natural Mauve
17. Tom Ford Lip Color Lipsticks in Crimson Noir, Spanish Pink, and Sable Smoke
*By Terry's Rouge Terrybly is another excellent semi-matte alternative! I did not include this formula in my video, however, as I was only introduced to my very first one at the end of 2013. I plan to explore more of the range in 2014!
18. Tom Ford Lip Color Shine Lipsticks in Smitten and Abandon [review & swatches]
*Also mentioned: Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss
19. Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipstick in 505
20. Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani Lipstick in 515
21. Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy CC Lipstick in 100 and 302
22. Guerlain Rouge G Lipstick in 25
23. SUQQU Creamy Glow Lipsticks in 01 and 02
24. Lancome Color Design (Creme & Matte) Lipsticks in Socialite & Intense Fuchsia
25. Lancome Rouge in Love Lipstick in 322M Corail in Love
*If you're brave and/or love purple, try the incredibly vibrant and creamy 381B Violette Coquette!
26. YSL Glossy Stains in 07 Corail and 25 Fuchsia
27. EM Michelle Phan Lip Gallery Creamy Classic & Creamy Matte Lipsticks in Wow Pink, Wine Stain, and Cuddling
28. Too Faced La Creme Lipsticks in Fuchsia Shock, Juicy Melons, and Bon Bon
Shu Uemura Lightbulb Foundation in 564
Shu Uemura Face Powder Matte in 7YR Medium Light
Cle de Peau Eyebrow Pencil Cartridge in 202
Shu Uemura Eyeshadows in P Light Beige 812 and M Soft Brown 851 [mixed & blended over lid and crease]
Shu Uemura Gel Pencil Eyeliner in Brown
Shu Uemura Stretch Extreme WP Mascara in Black
Shu Uemura Spring 2014 Blush in Rose Quartz
Shu Uemura Gloss Unlimited in BG 10S
Velour Lashes in You Complete Me
Dior Spring 2014 Porcelaine [Review and Swatches]