To celebrate the marvelous Spring 2014 release of Shu Uemura's third collaboration with famed artist Mika Ninagawa, I will be sharing a pictorial — a photo tutorial — for the sultry 'Forbidden Fruits' Look! This makeup embodies the powerfully evocative, vibrant, and alluring shades that make up the dreamy wonderlands created by Mika. Learn how you can achieve this look after the jump!
I particularly love the Spiral Duo 01 Eyeshadow Palette. It is a limited edition collector's palette, so I highly recommend picking it up while you can! The swirled patten is irresistible as well as practical. It allows the brushes to pick up equal amounts of the gold glitter and white-champagne eyeshadow. Above is a snapshot of my eye with only the two eyeshadows on. The brown is much more buildable, but I chose to show a wash of color since the swatches below will demonstrate the versatility of the color payoff.
And finally, I present the pictorial! The pigmented eyeshadows make this look supremely easy to achieve. For those curious, the P 995 is a superior version of MAC's Black Tied eyeshadow and P823 is one of my favorite Shu Uemura eyeshadows of all time!
Forbidden Fruits Eye Makeup Tutorial:
- Apply eye primer all over the lid. Using the NARS 3 Brush, apply the white-gold eyeshadow from the 01 Spiral Duo. Apply generously on the inner corner.
- Using the Hakuhodo J142 Brush, apply the beige-brown eyeshadow from the 01 Spiral Duo on the outer half of the eye and blend up the crease.
- Using the Tom Ford Eye Brush, apply the G Gold eyeshadow to the inner corner area.
- Using the Hakuhodo J142 Brush, apply the P 823 eyeshadow to the center of the lid and along the outer half of the lower lash line.
- Using the Wayne Goss 07 Brush, apply the P 796 cream eyeshadow against the lower lashes of the outer corner.
- Using the Hakuhodo J142 Brush, apply the P995 eyeshadow to the outer corner and blend toward the temples.
- Using the MAC 208 Brush, line the top lash line with the Painting Liner in Black. Optional: delicately trace the lower lash line with more of the Painting Liner for a theatrical effect.
- Apply mascara and the Mika x Shu False Lashes to complete the look!
Use code MIKAXRAE to receive 15% OFF + free shipping on your orders!