The stunning YSL 'Bleus Lumiere' Summer 2014 collection is largely sold out, but if you manage to find the BL Couture Eyeshadow Palette and/or the Bleu Celadon nail polish, scoop them up! I did not expect to fall so deeply in love with this collection, which is why I did not review it immediately. I apologize for the oversight because this is one of the best YSL collections in years.
The campaign ad went for a bit of shock factor appeal with opposing textures and high contrast color, like where the orange tones were intensified to a metallic molten rust. I love the editorial looks, but I wanted to combine both warm and cool colors from the Bleus Lumiere palette, so I took the minimal approach with subtle nods to color! I will be wearing this combination all summer long because I am that obsessed with it. It's an easy pastel combination that shakes up my neutral routine without looking completely gaudy or feeling awkward when I step out in public. Give it a try with products you already have in your stash!
P.S. If you want an aqua similar to the YSL eyeshadow I'm wearing, try the coordinating Bleu Acqua Waterproof Pencil that was released with the Bleus Lumiere palette xo
Sulwhasoo Snowise Serum BB in 02
Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige
Chanel Les Beiges Multi-Color Bronzer in 02
Cle de Peau Luminizing Face Enhancer in 13 Sand Beige
YSL Babydoll Kiss & Blush in 12 Moca Garconne
YSL Bleus Lumiere Summer 2014 Couture Palette [Sold Out]
YSL Couture Eyeshadow Palette in 04 Saharienne
YSL Couture Eyeshadow Palette in 04 Saharienne
Guerlain Maxi Lash Waterproof Mascara
Shu Uemura Gel Pencil in M Brown
Velour Lashes in Cluster-holic [Medium and Long]
*Use promo code RAEVELOUR to receive 15% OFF!
Eye Brushes Used:
Bobbi Brown Angle Eye Shadow
Bobbi Brown Eye Blender
Bobbi Brown Eye Sweep
MAC 252 Large Shader
YSL Bleu Celadon Summer 2014
House of Harlow White Sunburst
Please note, the YSL Friends and Family Sale has just started! If you're interested in any of the products I used in the video tutorial above, take advantage of the opportunity to enjoy 20% OFF any order of $75 or more with complimentary shipping until June 30, 2014. Sign up for your unique coupon code HERE and don't forget to check out my recommendations below. I've always had a soft spot for YSL, so I have tried just about everything from the brand and these are my favorites. Happy shopping xo
- COUTURE PALETTE Eyeshadows in 4 Saharienne + 2 Fauves + 11 Ballets Russes: These pigmented, smooth, and long-lasting eyeshadow palettes are my favorite eye release this year! YSL has done at outstanding job with the reformulation. Very minimal fall out and easy to blend textures in a variety of shades.. there's a little something for everyone! I'm totally tempted to collect them all because the quality is so consistent, but I exercised restraint and ordered just 2 and 11
- VOLUPTÉ SHEER CANDY Lip Balms in 2 Papaya + 4 Pomegranate: These are my favorite tinted lip balms and by far, my most worn YSL lip products. I love the silver bullet with gold filigree, and the formula is lightly hydrating with a gorgeous glossy finish. Women always stop to ask me what I'm using when I reapply on the go. The ultimate treat for everyday use!
- LA LAQUE COUTURE Nail Polishes in 25 Rose Romantique + 22 Beige Leger: Both are perfectly ladylike colors suitable for any occasion. I adore the slightly rounded edge of the brush that makes getting close to the cuticle (without flooding it) rather easy.
- TOUCHE ÉCLAT Highlighting Pen: This bestseller from YSL is worth a try if you are looking for a brightener! I love this highlighter because it looks so natural, and it never cakes. If you have faint dark circles, you can actually wear it alone. Try tapping it along the top of the cheeks to create the illusion of higher cheekbones! I use shade 2.
- BABYDOLL Kiss & Blush in 12 Moca Garconne + 8 Pink Hedoniste: I love these versatile soft-matte colors! The whipped mousse formula can be used on cheeks or lips, though I really only wear mine on the lips. The brighter colors may attract the eye initially, but I reach for complexion boosters like 12 and 8 most because they're so flattering!
- SOUFFLE D'ECLAT Loose Powder in 3: This brand new release is just in time for the summer! I meant to use this in my YSL Summer 2014 video, but I had already packed it away. I will be sure to use it in another tutorial soon! I love how the soft yellow undertone of 3 diffuses the redness on my cheeks while the Mother-of-Pearl provides a natural glow. This airy powder is perfect for setting liquid foundation or BB Cream on even sensitive and/or dry skin! The Souffle D'Eclat is replacing my beloved La Mer Loose Powder, which is apparently being discontinued.
- ROUGE VOLUPTÉ Lipsticks in 30 Faubourg Peach + 1 Nude Beige: These classic, full-coverage creamy lipsticks are irresistible. Even though they make my super sensitive lips peel, I still wear them because the colors are too beautiful to ignore! Considering how opaque this looks on the lips, the formula feels lightweight. The color options are nearly endless, so give one a try!
- GLOSSY STAIN Rebel Nudes in 105 Corail Hold Up + 112 Dangerous Pink: The Rebel Nudes are the latest additions to the Glossy Stain line-up, and they can be worn alone or layered on top of the classic shades for a 3-D effect! This long-wearing formula tends to be hit or miss since they feel a little sticky, but I absolutely adore them. When worn over clean lips, they do not bleed into the lip lines, and the darker shades will leave a pretty stain behind!